Sunday, October 10, 2010

Subway Jealousy – Aug. 2010

Subway Jealousy

August 2010
I have heard my very straight friends talk about other girls hitting on them, and I wonder why don’t these women ever hit on me? The other day on the subway I was sitting down, engrossed in reading the news on my iPhone and listening to my music, when I suddenly heard the young woman standing next to me near the pole say, “No, I’m straight.” I looked up to see the other young woman, dressed in dark clothes and talking to her say, “Well, keep taking care of yourself. You have such a great body.” And then she kept talking to the straight girl.

I was so annoyed by the woman in dark clothes. She wasn’t attractive to me, so I wasn’t jealous that I wanted this particular woman to hit on me, but I was jealous that no women hit on me. And I wanted to tell this woman to stop talking to the straight girl and get a hint. But of course I didn’t. Though I don’t think I have ever been so annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment