Sunday, October 10, 2010

Childhood Dreams about Fame or Notoriety (written in 2005)



The earliest dream I remember was when I was about four or five. I had a dream that somehow I had saved the world by swinging on a swing. Everyone was trying to identify me as the hero and find me and talk to me and I just wanted to run away. I didn’t want to be known as the hero of the world - that was too much responsibility. I just wanted to be a kid and have fun.

Throughout elementary school, I alternated between basking in and reveling in attention and not wanting it at all. Many events which were important milestones in my church, such as baptism and confirmation, I didn’t want to participate in because I didn’t want all the attention on me. I wanted to spread it out with others rather than be the focus of attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment